Sunday, March 29, 2009

Preparation, Painting & Praises

Many thanks to all who painted, organized and cleaned!!!



         
I visited the Good Sheperd Alliance Thrift store in Sterling yesterday afternoon to take my still shots and to get a feeling for how I would complete my video mission. When I got there, I was kinda of surprised by how many people were shopping - seems the GSA was having a big sale. So, not only did I get great pictures but a scored some terrific finds too. Of course, It was more than shopping. I met the manager of the store, Ron Zwolak and talked with him about the preparation his staff and the folks from Crossroads was going to do later that evening. He took me around the store and showed me the changes he'd made since taking over the manger's position a few months ago. He was so excited to have the Crossroads Mission team coming in to do the painting. As you can see from my before pictures, the green paint made the space seem much darker and smaller than it really was.

Today when I walked in it looked like a different store completely. The walls were a creamy color that allowed the light in the room to infuse the space with a cheeriness that had been missing. The crew from Crossroads was completely finished painting and were organizing and cleaning up. It was a perfect time to talk to folks and get their input on why they chose the GSA mission. The overall consensus seemed to be that people wanted to help the community in a hands-on way. Also, I heard from Jim that he felt that "it was important to give back to a place in the community that gives so much to others."





Please check out the videos!!!
The first one is an interview with Vickie Koth, the Executive Director of the Good Sheperd Alliance.



The second video is interviews I did with the Crossroads Warriors that helped transform the Good Sheperd Alliance.

**this video is forthcoming** 


No comments:

Post a Comment